If you ever visit Paris, you must go to Louvre. It is the most popular museum in the world. The museum was a fortress before which was built in the 12th century. It was changed into a public museum during the French Revolution. Here are the main reasons why you Lovre is the best. The Grand Louvre is the largest and the most visited museum in the world.
1. The museum has a huge collection of more than 380,000 objects and has displays of 35,000 arts in eight departments. More than 60,600 square meters are used up by permanent art collection.
2. About 15,000 people visit this museum every day and majority of them are tourists. It houses the most famous piece of art ‘Mona Lisa’ by Leonardo da Vinci. The museum exhibits sculptures, paintings, archaeological finds, and more.
3. Louvre has a very rich historical background. It was renovated and expanded under various empires like Napoleon, Charles X, and Louis XVIII. Donations and gifts started to come in, and it helped the museum to grow steadily.
4. Louvre takes part in the lending and borrowing of many works with other museums throughout the world. This has helped in boosting the economy.
5. Louvre has a global outreach in form and associations with museums throughout the world. It has strong cultural bonds with many countries including Europe, U.S, Saudi Arabia, Japan, Australia, China, Oman, and more. In 2008–09 Louvre organized exhibitions in 16 countries. This attracted about 6.5 million visitors.
Louvre’s contribution in the art industry makes it the best museum in the world. It is also the museum where lots of masterpieces of many famous artists are housed.